1. Thorough understanding of modern CCGT process and operating practice.
2. Good foundation and practical knowledge of power plant operations, preferably including electrical systems.
3. Power plant engineering concepts
4. Operation of equipment in the Control Room, field and local panels
5. Ability and experience of recognising fault conditions in field equipment e.g. by temperature, smell, vibration, colour changes, noises, etc
6. Ability to operate the plant efficiently within a varying range of load conditions
7. Ability to coordinate with control room engineers
8. Ability to give accurate feedback to maintenance personnel on equipment problems
9. Ability to control incidents in a range of situations
10. Strong understanding of Quality, HSE management systems and Safety Rules.
11. Good command of the English language and computer literacy
12. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
1. A degree in Electrical, C&I or Mechanical Engineering (or)
2. Industrial, military, marine or utility training in power generation (or)
3. Accredited Engineering Diploma (or) time-served Apprenticeship.
1. Experience preferred in CCGT, Gas Turbines, and a wide range of auxiliary equipment.
2. Experience with Siemens Vx4.3A gas turbines and / would be a particular advantage.
3. Experience of setting-up and commissioning a CCGT Plant would be an advantage.
4. Experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.