Who We Are
Brinc is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. We are one of the most active venture capital firms in the world.
Since its inception in Hong Kong, Brinc has invested in over 200+ companies via its 12 accelerator programs and offices in 6 countries. Its 65+ team members are located in 9 countries around the world in order to support the Brinc global portfolio of investments which spans more than 36 countries.
Since the launch of Brinc MENA in 2017, Brinc accelerated over 60 startups in the region, supported 185 entrepreneurs, and helped 1,565 startup ideas to take shape. Furthermore, at Brinc, we have helped in building the foundations of a fast-growing startup ecosystem in the region at large with a regional presence in Bahrain, KSA, Oman, and the UAE.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a highly skilled Acceleration and Startup Ecosystem Building program manager who will be the driving force behind the Oman based acceleration program and will be responsible to manage all aspects of the program, facilitate ecosystem building events and training, mentor startups, and maintain good working relationships with all partners.
Who You Are
You are the most well-organized person you know! When you see a problem you roll up your sleeves and fix it. Setting up and implementing processes is second nature to you. You are a self-starter who is able to adapt to change and work independently. You are passionate about the Startup Ecosystem globally.
You are also self-driven, smart, humble, and are excited at the prospect of joining our Brinc family of #GameChangers and helping us execute our vision to build thriving tech ecosystems around the world. Additionally, you are:
- A team player who inspires and helps people around you improve
- Have excellent communication skills, including writing, reading, and fluent speaking in English and Arabic
- Have excellent organizational skills and responsibility
- Have the ability to provide work direction and achieve goals through self-motivation with minimal supervision
- Have an aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- Positive and have an outgoing attitude
- Have an ability to create, develop and manage different kinds of events
- Have an ability to deliver events on time, within budget
- Have experience in creating social media content
- willing to work hard and be on call as required
- Familiar with the Incubator/Accelerator model
- Have a University-level education
- A quick learner (there’s a lot of educational material to read)
- Interested in startups/entrepreneurship
- Flexible and adaptable to do a variety of tasks
- Know Google Suite amp; have strong IT skills
- Be capable of managing relationships with Corporate Senior Executives
- Sourcing new startup deal flow
- Attracting startups to apply to the program through PR, Marketing, Communications, and key partnerships
- Managing and coordinating the startup due diligence and review process
- Managing and coordinating team interviews and any required selection activities for the accelerator
- To be the first point of contact and in-house expert for all portfolio startup teams
- Working closely with the Marketing department to organise internal and external events, and to position the acceleration brand as the regional leader for tech acceleration
- Serving as a potential member of the Brinc Investment Committee for decision making on all applications
- Liaising regularly with Brinc MENA, Brinc Global HQ, and management team to ensure the company vision is implemented accordingly and processes are cohesive across the board
- Organizing startup mentorship sessions
- Maintain program calendar, tracking, and databases.
- Reach out to and secure relevant corporates, mentors, and investors to engage with startups
- Manage and coordinate multiple programs/events running at the same time
- Learning the entire curriculum of ‘Force’ educational content on the LMS platform, to implement and deliver this content to participating startup teams
- Manage program calendar, events, sessions, and one on ones
- Deliver subject matter expertise sessions to startups in key entrepreneurship vertical areas
- Allocate startups to industry mentors
- Liaise with global team on joint workshops and mentors
- Organize and facilitate ecosystem events including hackathons, workshops, and design sprints
- Plan and execute acceleration program
- Plan and execute ecosystem development activities
- Have at least 4-7 years relevant work experience or
- Have at least 8 years of professional experience
Nice to have
- Previous startup experience
- Previous startup accelerator or investment experience
Interview processAt Brinc we believe in getting the right talent on board. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our process is objective and we have all candidates go through the same experience by completing the Bryq assessment which is a 20-minute online bias-free assessment, enabling us to screen candidates only on the job and company requirements. Once completed our team will reach out to inform you about the potential next steps of the process.
A full-time position that is based in our Oman offices.
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development
- Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Option to travel within the Brinc office ecosystem for work stints (Hong Kong, China, Barcelona, Dubai, Bahrain, Singapore, Sydney, India, Poland, and more coming soon)
- Work for a purpose-driven organization that uses an ESG investment framework in order to help solve the world's most pressing issues by backing and supporting game-changing entrepreneurs