No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The primary responsibility of this role is inventory and vendor invoice processing, provide support in reviewing order planning reports (Electronics, TLB & Marine), weekly inventory provision reports, Inventory adjustment, annual physical verification, verification of local vendor invoices, provision for utility payment etc.
Inventory Ordering, management and reporting
• Reviewing Stock order request, comparing it with past sales history and ageing of current inventory.
• Verify stock purchase order: To release purchase orders as per the approved order sheet/ cost sheet. And monitoring cost factor, verification of all cost conditions and exchange factor in PO for correct computation of inventory cost.
• Adjustment of quantity and ACP of stock as per the approval. management.
• Preparing stock age analysis report weekly basis and circulating among HOD’s. Reviewing month end stock ageing report and creating provision as per Group Policy.
• Supervision of Scraping of Damaged Stock on behalf of Finance and verification of TR reports with physical damaged stock at ESD and adjustment of Scrapped/write off stock items.
• Preparation of Location wise stock report- For insurance.
Annual Physical Inventory
• Planning and organizing Annual Physical Inventory at year end: As per the Instructions from management, Organising team for different locations on planned date and time for conducting the stock counting.
• Coordination with internal and statutory auditors who is participating in Annual Physical Inventory. Analysis and Reporting of Annual Physical Inventory Variances.
• Adjustment of shortage and Excess of stock as per management approval.
• Renewal of company’s Various Insurance Policies - With Co-Ordination of Finance Controller and relevant division and preparation of Reports for renewal of company’s Various Insurance Policies.
• Verification of Insurance Debit notes / Invoice is in line with Insured value.
• Accounting of Debit / Credit Note of AOI received against Auto Insurance, Monitoring of GL of Insurance recovery account
Utility / Rental / Clearing and Forwarding Expense
• Verification of Utility invoices posting into respective expense head and cost centers (Telephone, Water, Electricity, Fuel etc).
• Preparing payment to landlord based on request from Admin,
• Receiving payment request from Logistic Department, verifying the payment request with BL and other supporting document and releasing payment.
• Arranging monthly PASI payment
Used Car / Customer Refund etc
• Verifying Used Car procurement document, follow up with Department for Mulkiyah copy for registration used car before releasing the payment.
• Refund of Down payment, payment for Hire Purchase settlement, refund for sales return and clearing the corresponding document in GL.
• Reconciliation of Supplier a/c’s
• Reconciliation of Used Trade-In clearing a/c & Installation Recovery Prov. A/c (Projects Division)
• Reconciliation of Rental Vendor a/c’s
• Reconciliation of Bank Account (NBO Payment and Credit card)
• Preparation of Cash Flow Statement and cashflow forecast for local payment.
• Providing all information / schedules requested by Auditor for annual audit.
The job entails providing support for planning, ordering and accounting and tracking the ageing of inventory. Verification and recording and payment of vendor invoices as per company policy, highlighting any exception for approval. The job holder coordinates with the Sr. Financial Controller and other Finance colleague within in the Department in delivering the above objectives. The jobholder will liaise and support Omasco front end / functional associates on continuous and daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
•Bachelor’s degree / Semi Qualitied Chartered Accountants / CPA / CMA
•5 / 8 years similar relevant experience within a large corporate.
Job-Specific Skills: Strong accounting knowledge, analytical, advanced systems skills particularly in Advance MS Excel, Power Point Presentation and SAP, strong communication skills and team player, ability to work off own initiative,
Behavioural Competencies: able to plan & prioritise tasks; initiative; self starter; strong team player, positive can-do attitude.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.