What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 10 yrs experience, to potentially join our offices located in Muscat (Oman) where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with Discipline Leads.
This team member contributes to the development of the company by supporting the Leadership teams in the progressive evolution of SSH's design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
• Engineering Design.
• Team Leading.
• Resource management
• Client Interface.
• Design Coordination.
• Interface with Statutory Authorities.
• Design Research.
• Site back-up.
• Mentoring and supervision of junior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Undertake Electrical building services engineering design, from concept stage through to production information at tender stage.
• Plan and manage REVIT documentation of design work under guidance of more senior staff, represent SSH at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
• Meet appropriate service/design decisions.
• Inform more senior staff and peers of important and relevant service/design decisions, assert that the objectives of the company and the client are being achieved.
• Design of high and low voltage equipment such as wiring systems, lighting systems and generators
• Prepare technical and financial schedules for new work Manage workload of Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality).
• Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
• Prepare Technical Specifications and Reports Monitor financial performance of jobs.
• Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
• Contribute from the onset of a project, to the design of innovative and progressive design solutions that reconcile SSH and client's goals and priorities while fostering opportunities for design excellence.
• Make appropriate value judgments with respect to corrective work that supports the design concept and performance goals of the project.
• Act as the client's point of contact for design related issues.
• Act as the project's design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider engineering community
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
• Responsible for coordinating QA/QC and review processes on each project responsible for.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Experience of contributing to multiple projects and balancing workload requirements.
• Middle East design experience is essential
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of British, European and ideally international standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider design community.
• Ability and will to update personal technical knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Significant post graduate and senior experience in a design consultancy environment.
• Ideally previous experience of design in Middle Eastern or equivalent climates.
• Experience of highly serviced environments.
• Career minded and looking for a new challenge, with the potential and ambition to progress within the firm.
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a qualified professional who must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering.
• Registration with a professionally recognized institution: e.g: CIBSE
• Sustainability Certification is an added value (LEED, PQP or equivalent).
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.