What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our offices located in Muscat, Oman, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Leads and mentors a design group and is responsible for large scale projects from bidding to delivery.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Lead, this team member contributes to the development of the company by supporting the Directors in the progressive evolution of SSH's design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
• Engineering Design
• Team Leading
• Client Interface
• Resource Planning
• Performance Evaluation
• Design Management
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Design Research
• Design Reviews
• Site back-up
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support Discipline Lead with operational responsibilities.
• Contribute to preparation of bids.
• Lead the design team throughout the design stages.
• Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project.
• Contribute from the onset of a project, to the design of innovative and progressive design solutions that reconcile SSH and client's goals and priorities while fostering opportunities for design excellence.
• Make appropriate value judgement with respect to corrective work that supports the design concept and performance goals of the project.
• To perform and direct material and building systems research and participate in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
• Set an example of leadership among team leaders.
• Participate in marketing and business development.
• Act as the client's point of contact for design related issues.
• Act as the project's design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Conduct performance evaluation reviews to subordinate (junior) team members.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider engineering community
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills.
• Appropriate project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of international standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health & Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Completion of engineering degree program.• BSc or MSc in Engineering
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
• International Accreditation.
• Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent).
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.