What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Mechanical Engineer to join our offices located in Muscat (Oman), where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Cape Town.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of an engineering design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Engineer or nominated supervisor.
• Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior Engineer.
• Organize and plan own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
• Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
• Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
• Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
• Attend Client meetings if required.
• Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Developed building design experience on multiple complex projects.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design intent.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of international standards, policies, codes and procedures.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to update personal technical knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Completion of a Mechanical engineering degree program (BEng, MEng, BSc or MSc)
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.