We are currently searching for a Structural Engineer to join our team in Muscat, Oman to work on a number of projects in the Middle East.
The Structural Engineer is primarily concerned with designing and constructing buildings and structures that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed, as well as improving the structural integrity of existing buildings/ bridges.?
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Cape Town.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
- Prepare analysis and detailed design calculation for reinforced concrete and structural steel works
- Understand the project scope of work, specifications.
- Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Engineer.
- Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
- Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
- Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
- Attend Client meetings if required
- Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Prepare civil foundation designs for buildings and industrial equipments
- Prepare sketches of detail design to guide draftsmen
- Check engineering performed by others.
- Review design drawings.
- Review vendor data for structural interface.
- Monitor changes to scope and raise change notification.
- Develop awareness of costs related to own work and of the discipline
- Carryout bid structural analysis / bid inputs as necessary
- Keep lead engineer / senior engineer apprised of all activates, progress and concerns.
- Participates in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the construction management team, and the project safety representatives.
- Prepares technical reports, project manuals, and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines.
- Schedule and all inter-discipline requirement including identifying concerns as early as practicable.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Extensive project experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Knowledge of local and international standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
• Knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to update professional technical knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Degree and or Masters in Structural or Civil Engineering
The achievement of a Professional registration of an internationally recognised institution i.e IStructE is highly desirable and a distinct advantage
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.