What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our offices located in Muscat, Oman, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of an engineering design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Engineer or nominated supervisor. Role also includes responsibility for Statutory Authorities approvals, site back-up and mentoring of junior staff members.
• Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Engineer.
• Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
• Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
• Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
• Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
• Attend Client meetings.
• Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
• Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Developed project design experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design intent.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of international standards, policies, codes and procedures.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Completion of engineering degree program.
• B.Sc. in Engineering or Degree in related field
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.