No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The objective of this position is to exceed sales target for various water treatment product categories with speciality chemicals and build a robust order pipeline and customer base.
• Sales and marketing for Reverse osmosis systems for medical and domestic applications, chlorination systems, Sewage treatment and desalination systems along with experience in sale of speciality chemicals associated.
• The Sales Engineer must be able to initiate contact with targeted customers, deliver product demonstrations, coordinate and drive sales opportunities thought the sales lifecycle, and travel assigned sales territory to establish and retain effective relationships with customers.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, organized and analytical with minimum three years of experience involving design, specification and commissioning of water treatment systems
• Review and understand techno-Commercial proposals prepared by principals and develop sales proposals, present sales contracts and finalise orders.
• Preparation of technical submittals along with P&ID and BOQ’s
• Work with customers and principal on design and price issues
• Generate and qualify leads along with developing and maintaining customer database
• Developing new customers and new avenues for sale of products
• Ensuring timely payment collections and to ensure department profitability
• Generate profitability from each sales account and build a balanced portfolio of clients across industries & geographies to de-risk revenue growth.
• Identify and develop new market & client opportunities
• Track competitors and their strategies to build on company’s market share on each product category.
Minimum Qualification, Experience, & Skills:
• Graduate in Chemical Engineering or Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
• 5-6 years in Water Treatment sales with minimum 3 years of design background
• Optional PG in Marketing/Business Administration with Water Treatment industry experience.
• Technical & Application Knowledge in Reverse Osmosis Plants, Sewage Treatment Plants, Industrial Water Treatment and dosing systems.
• Experienced in design of water treatment systems.
• Usage of Computing applications, & Microsoft Office applications
• Conversant with the data and competition trend analysis.
• Excellent communication/ proposal making skills.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Apply now »